Re: [NTLK] OT: Speaking of power supplies...

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 16:25:11 EST

The 1400 has some sketchy battery contacts off the logic board. There
is probably one (or more) pin(s) with cracked solder connections.

I've had this happen on a few of my 1400s. It's not the easiest
powerbook to open and solder, but if you are adventurous and patient,
you should be able to do it.

You might also find something on the 1400 FAQ:

http://freshfiltered.com/MacFAQ/PB1400FAQ.html

-M.

On 3/2/06, Keyth Owen <keyth.owen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have my PowerBook 1400cs, and I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem
> that everybody seems clueless about.
>
> It won't run from a confirmed good battery. It won't charge the
> battery, and it won't run from it. I've reset the Power Manager several
> times, zapped the PRAM, and still nothing. It's just not willing to use
> battery power.
>
> It recognizes a battery is installed, but just doesn't charge it or run
> from it.
>
> Any ideas where I could go for some help with this one?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keyth
>
> --

-----