Re: [NTLK] OT: Speaking of power supplies...

From: Don Zahniser <irntooth_at_eznet.net>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 17:03:27 EST

Try removing the battery and looking into the battery bay. There are
five contacts on the right-hand side of the bay. Make sure that none
of them are sticking down to the plastic insulator pad.

I purchased my PB1400 second-hand, and apparently sometime during its
previous life, the right-hand most contact had gotten quite hot (during
charging?), and had deformed the insulator pad just enough that it
would stick down to the pad. The simplest and most effective fix that
I tried was to insert a piece of electrical tape between the contact
and the insulator pad.

  - Don

--
Don V. Zahniser