Re: [NTLK] Newton Museum DVDs

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 10:54:27 EST

Matt,

You are correct except for a minor detail. Anyone who is seeding
(this includes those that have completed the download and stay
connected, still allowing people to download from them) don't only
distribute the file once. They may, in fact, end up distributing the
file many, many times over, but not necessarily in its entirety or to
one person every time. (Minor detail).

As you said, the benefit is that everyone that has downloaded part of
the file can upload that part of the file to anyone else. This gives
performance benefits and reduces the bandwidth requirements for those
seeding.

Very much like instant digital karma. :)

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/