Re: [NTLK] Museum DVD's

From: <junkvenzon_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 13:07:18 EST

>From: "L.W. Brown" <lwb@mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Museum DVD's
>Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:48:35 -0500
>
>My understanding was that the sets were to be distributed to anyone,
>just not to include the html files or other "personal" files. The
>sets I sent out do not include those files, so the only restriction I
>could imagine would be not to sell them...

L.W.,

You are exactly right! Thanks very much for your diligence in this area.

I'm remaking these four DVDs without those files on them, so they will be ready to ship out.

I also decided it was time for me to actually learn how to seed a torrent file, so this weekend I'll be teaching myself and getting those four DVD images online.

I plan on posting them as three GINOMOUS .zip files and one .iso DVD image so our friends on both sides of the computing aisle can use them.

***QUESTION***
Question for OS 9 Mavens: If I make a giant .zip file on my OS X system (10.4.5) will the resource forks on all the Mac Newton programs (well, the ones that HAVE resource forks) survive?
***/QUESTION***

As for distributing the DVD set in meatspace, I ask two things:

1. Do we set up a chain? That is, each person who gets one set makes one copy and sends it to the next person on the list, and so on and so on?
or
2. Do we pick two or three 'someones' with a giant DVD burners and, ahem, 'burn' them out?

So, please discuss.

I'll be wiki'ing it up about .torrent files and once it's figured out, I'll start seeding and post the torrent file link on the list. I've got 3.0 down 512k Up cable connection, so hopefully everyone can get it started and speed it up as people hop on.

John V

PS Thanks everyone for not deluging me with requests on the side. My Inbox thanks you.