Re: [NTLK] Museum DVD's

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 13:34:57 EST

Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger's zip does preserve resource forks, but I don't
know if it does so in a way that a Mac OS 9 unzip utility (including
StuffIt! [1]) to retain them as well. Anybody have more experience
with this (currently my only pre-Tiger box is a Color Classic with
Mac OS 7.1)?

As far as the HTML goes, I've been on my way to create an archive
site for a while now and would love to grab a copy of all the classic
Newton-related sites for it. Of course, I would need to make a
reasonable effort to contact the owner of the sites before posting
them (if only for my conscience). Are these what you mean are to be
left out? Any chance I could get a copy of them for preserving in the
archive?

BTW - I mentioned I'd love to seed and would keep the torrent live on
atleast my home connection (a 1.5Mb cable connection in a rural
neighborhood, so no traffic other than me), but I may also be able to
set them up on other networks I have access to.

Sincerely,

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com