[NTLK] MAD Max troubles, help needed

From: Ulises Gerardo <uice_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 20:45:36 EST

Hi guys,
I'm having a problem with MAD Max on my MP2100. Seems I can only have 6 songs in an Audio soup. Anymore and MAD Max crashes to the point that I have to reset it. MAD Max works really good otherwise. I'm pretty amazed that I'm actually listening to music on my old Newton.

Here are the details, I'm using a registered version of the ATA driver with a
512mb PC Flash card split into 2 partitions. I'm transferring music from my G4 Powerbook to the Newton wirelessly via the Fetch URL. Works great by the way!

Once the music is put away I open MAD Max and I try and scroll through the song list and thats when the app crashes. 6 songs seems to be the magic number, 7 and it crashes. The songs aren't very big, they vary from 1meg to 3megs. The MAD Max pkg is filed on my Back Up card which is a 32mb Linear Flash card. Should I have it on the PC card instead? Would this help?

My plan was to just use the PC Flash card for music but if I can only load MAD Max with 6 songs then there seems like there is no point. I don't want to give up on it so I ask the list for help.

Thank you very much.

-Ulises