Re: [NTLK] works - footnotes

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 17:47:01 EDT

Eric,

On Linux I used to use a nice utility called doc2txt or something that
would convert those awful Word docs everyone in my department insisted
on sending out to a text file. The footnotes were retained and
included at the bottom of the document (as if they were endnotes), but
of course they were no longer linked. The superscripts in the body of
the text were converted to normal numerals.

Allowed me to transfer these to the Newton quite easily. I used it
with Debian, but I no longer use Linux and can't say I've ever tried
it for OS X.

Good luck,

--
-----