Re: [NTLK] Additional functionality for NCU, NewtonPress, etc.

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 17:52:26 EDT

On 5/14/2006 1:54 PM, mkow wrote:

> Many of the text apps for Newton are quite limited as to what they can
> do. It would be really nice if there were a way to reverse engineer the
> NCU and add more features. I don't mean Wi-Fi or BlueTooth connectivity
> -- I could care less about that. I mean, it would be nice if the NCU
> could handle importation of other file formats. If any wireless issue
> were addressed in NCU, I'd like to see the code re-written so that
> files could more easily be transferred between the Newton and other
> Windows devices, such as the Pocket PC. (By the way, does anybody know
> how well the Obex thing works with Windows XP? Never got it working
> myself). It would also be nice if NewtonPress had more editing
> features, such as a Select All command.

Hmm wasn't that the idea of DCL project, to replace the NCU? Which has
fallen from being actively supported because Paul and others lack the
time (I don't blame them they are very busy) and no one was contributing
besides them. I would if I had programming abilities but I am sadly
lacking in that area (not to mention time as of late).

-Dan