Re: [NTLK] Serial board installation

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 05:04:51 EDT

But then wouldn't a small crack be a lesser evil than losing serial
connection capability if/when your serial port comes addrift?

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand
[snip]
So the question new SER001 buyers must ask themselves at this stage is, "Is
it worth it to me?" If you cannot make time to file down that serial
connector or clip off excess leads on the bottom of the SER001, then I would
say you should not get the board. Without fixing the SER001, you will crack
your case, if not but a hairline crack. And a small crack in something
brittle always leads to a big crack later. So give all this thought before
you buy.
[snip]