Re: [NTLK] Serial board installation

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 12:26:16 EDT

On May 22, 2006, at 1:22 AM, Jon Glass wrote:

> On 5/21/06, James Wages <james@kiramek.com> wrote:
>
>> So the question new SER001 buyers must ask themselves at this stage
>> is, "Is
>> it worth it to me?"
>
> Now, wait, I thought that only first generation SER001 boards suffered
> from this problem. I do know that I've had two different SER001
> boards, and neither has shown the slightest tendency towards putting
> undue pressure on the case of either Newton they were installed into.
<snip>
It's totally a hit and miss issue. My SER's don't have a bulge either.
  Some obviously due. I think this is due to differences in both the
Newton casing and the build of the SER-001.

Overall this is a SUPER upgrade that makes the Newton more self
contained and works flawlessly. The whole bulge/crack thing has been a
complete non-issue for me.

Marty