Re: [NTLK] [ANN] New experiences with your MessagePad

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 21:53:42 EDT

Adriano,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but does your NewtUSB adapter run at
230kbps, under both OS 9 and OS X? I didn't find this information in the
features listing:

http://notwen.com/newtusb/features

I always heard that NCU would run only at a max of 57600 baud (the "patched"
version of NCU). I run at 57600 now under System 7 on my SE/30, but it
would be nifty if I could connect with the same serial cable at an even
higher speed via my G4 Cube. I've never considered OS X synching apps
because none of them match all the functionality I get with NCU.

Also, how does NewtUSB compare with similar products like the Keyspan
TwinSerial in terms of functionality, compatibility and performance?

Thanks,

James Wages