Re: [NTLK] Apple's latest patent

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 00:54:08 EST

On 11/2/2006 10:29:34 PM, nt@stillnewt.org wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Tony Kan wrote:
>
> > I doubt apple shareholders would like to see Jobs go. The company
> > has done very
> > well under his care.
>
> Amen and hallelujah.

Absolutely.

Sour apples aside, what would you have done with:
1) a company on the rocks
2) a product that, IF it succeeds, would steal high margin laptop
sales with low margin handheld sales
3) a threat from Microsoft to kill Office for Mac
4) a product that directly competes with the upcoming CE boxes
5) a product that has a whole bunch of talented people who aren't
making Mac OS stable

It was a hard decision, but someone had to do it.

The Newton was killed by people believing Gary Trudeau, none of which
actually picked one up and tried. Steve just signed the death certificate.

Andrei