Re: [NTLK] Help, redux

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 00:51:29 EST

There are some tools such as SBM utilities that can be used for some
of the tasks that you mention, and tools for arranging folders. But
there is a tool built into the Newt that may have helped you. If you
press the stylus or fingernail about a 1/4 inch from the center left
edge of the display, in portrait or 1/4 inch down from top in
landscape when you insert the card, you will be asked if you want to
activate packages. Choose 'no', They will now show up in 'extras' as
frozen. You can now selectively activate or delete 'packages'

Cards can also be where the Newt stores other information. When you
insert a memory card you are asked if you want to store new info and
packages on the card, if you say yes then new notes, works documents,
dates info, etc are stored there. Names, Dates and Notes allow you to
choose to always store new info internally (my preference since I
have had card failures).
Notes and Works in overview show where the file is stored, you can
move info in names and dates by tapping the 'file button'.

Woody