Re: [NTLK] eMate memory upgrade

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sun Oct 01 2006 - 19:11:24 EDT

> Just and FYI, I have a couple of the newertech emate memory upgrades
> that have worked fine for years. I don't know if there was a bad
> batch, but it sounds like quite a widespread quality issue, based on
> Frank's assessment. Guess I lucked out.

You probably did. I've just finished a memory upgrade that was actually
working and hadn't been acting up so far. Looking at it under a
magnifying
class made it quite clear that this was sheer coincidence. These days I
re-solder ALL NewerTech upgrades I get on my workbench, regardless of
whether they have been acting up before.
The mean thing is that IF this beast fails, the eMate will have
erased all your data before you even noticed it.

Frank