[NTLK] Whisky and shaking hands

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sun Oct 01 2006 - 19:11:24 EDT

> Funny you should say that, as a shot of whiskey is supposedly a time
> tested means for stopping your hand from shaking. I have been told
> by a brain surgeon friend, that this is standard in operating rooms
> around the globe.

Hmmm. I was aware that alcohol can stop one's hand from shaking, but so
far I thought that this only works for hands of people addicted to
alcohol.
Makes me a bit uneasy to think that this is standard in operating rooms
around the globe. I always thought those people's hands do not shake in
the first place...

One of these days, I will perform a detailed and long test series and
let you know the result ;-)

Frank