Re: [NTLK] Mail V and Gmail

From: R A Parker <QuadzillaNET_at_Newted.ORG>
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 22:30:00 EDT

On Thursday, October 5, 2006 at 6:12 pm Javier Monllor wrote:

> I see now that gmail requires SSL for both reading and sending email.
> I guess I'll have to settle with only reading my university mail. My
> university account allows me to read my email (no SSL) but I can't
> send as both it and gmail requires SSL for smtp.

Another option for receiving mail sent to your gmail account, you can selectively forward some or all of your gmail messages (using filters) to your university account. Do a google for "gmail tips."

As for sending, the most economical way to get access to a (compatible) smtp server is to find a friend with a (dot)mac account and for $10 a year, they can add an "email only" account for you.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM