Re: [NTLK] emate questions

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 18:18:32 EDT

On Oct 9, 2006, at 4:33 PM, Aaron wrote:

> 1.) When I go to open the lid/screen, it is rather difficult to do,
> but its
> easy close. Do I have a faulty hinge issue, or is it normal?

A difference is normal but if you haven't done the hinge repair
assume that it is failing.
see Frank's site <http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html>

> 2.) I upgraded the ram to 4mb and I also bought a 4 mb flash card
> off eBay.
> Is there anyway to copy the files onto the emate and still have
> them on the
> card or do I have to fully transfer the files off of the card and
> onto the
> emate?

You cannot copy a file from the card to the internal memory and leave
it on the card, but you could move files in question to emate. Then
back up internal memory to card and move files back to card, then
restore from the backup.
The Newt will restore the files in question and freeze them, since
you cannot have the same file open in two or more stores.

> 3.) Is there anyway to safely remove the flash card without the emate
> telling me I have to put the card back in or I run the risk of
> corrupting
> the files on it?

yes, this was discussed during the last few days.

> 4.) and the flash card I bought for it came with emate files on it,
> which
> included is the WaveLan driver file.

> . When I insert the wireless card, it tells me
> that it cannot recognize the card. Am I going about using the card and
> driver correctly, or am I missing something?

You are probably missing both files and setup
again see Frank Gruendel's site<http://www.pda-soft.de/
body_ethernetconnectivity.html>

> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Aaron