Re: [NTLK] Sync Newton using Sheepshaver

From: Abraham Limpo Martínez <abraham_at_familialimpo.net>
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 07:59:21 EDT

IIRC, all macs ditched their serial ports long ago. Be aware that not
all applications recognice or work correctly with serial emulators,
specially applications that require complete control.

If this is your case, and you have a LAN adapter for your newton, it
would be easier to connect your newton via appletalk. As the network
adapter section is completely different depending on the operating
system (windows version requires installing a driver, while linux
version uses something like tunneling via an external application), I
suggest you install a network browser in your emulator, and tweak the
network configuration until you can connect to the internet.

Abraham