Re: [NTLK] Battery heat temp?

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 18:37:31 EDT

On 10/15/06 10:44 PM, <newtontalk@newtontalk.net> wrote:
> Re: [NTLK] Battery heat temp?

I use NiMh rechargeable batteries in the normal battery tray (since my
rechargeable Newton battery pack died). But since the voltage level of NiMh
batteries is about 1.2v versus 1.5v for normal alkalines, the battery level
meter is way off. I therefore downloaded a little app to compensate for
this so the battery level meter shows 100% after a full charging (I charge
my NiMh batteries in a separate charger, outside the Newton).

My main issue is with the temperature reading though. My Newton
consistently gives me very high measurements for the batteries, on order of
65-degrees C. Ambient temperature is given at around 28 degrees (or
whatever the ambient temp is (plus a few degrees). What I want to know is
how to compensate for this error in battery temperature! Anyone know?

Thanks,

James Wages