Re: [NTLK] Battery heat temp?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 13:14:14 EDT

On 10/15/06, James Wages <james@kiramek.com> wrote:
> But since the voltage level of NiMh batteries is about 1.2v versus 1.5v for normal alkalines,
> the battery level meter is way off.

Have people noticed that the newer higher capacity AA NiMH are
actually 1.25v versus the 1.2v that you speak of? I was over my
father-in-laws place and since he is a professional photographer he
uses often AA cells when using his flash. I spied two small AA
Chargers at his apartment this weekend and whiel discussing them he
pulled out a pair of 2500mAh and 2700mAh AA NiMH cells but both of
these examples were not 1.2v theywere 1.25v which caught my
attention...

> I therefore downloaded a little app to compensate for this so the battery level meter shows
> 100% after a full charging (I charge my NiMh batteries in a separate charger, outside the
> Newton).

Do you mean SoftCharge V1.1 by Nick Mueller from www.logictools.de
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.logictools.de
The last accessible copy of the website was dated Mar 31, 2003.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung