Re: [NTLK] Problem: Odd MP2000 behaviour

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 12:10:46 EDT

~~~ On 2006/10/17 17:00, Joseph S. Solin at jsolin@mac.com wrote ~~~

> In regards to you battery draining problem:
>
> 1) Turn off - Auto-dock under Setup Preferences.
>
> 2) Turn off - InOut - Beam Prefs - Receive Beams Automatically
>
> Both are big battery hogs when the Newton is off.
>
> - Joe Solin
>
> On Tuesday, October 17, 2006, at 06:40AM, Lord Groundhog
> <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to switch over from my MP2100 to a MP2000 upgraded to
>> 2100, in preparation for attempting a fix on my MP2100 (as per earlier post:
>> ?Problem: screen sensitivity?).
>> In the process I?ve found a few problems with the MP2000. For some reason
>> my rechargeable battery pack has gone from giving me 2-3 days of service
>> under normal use, to discharging in a matter of hours even if I?m not using
>> the Newt over that time.

Thanks for those, but that was one of the first (and few?) things I learned
about Newtons almost as soon as I got one. An earlier post on NewtonTalk, I
believe. ;) I just don't understand it. Further thought: could a
damaged communication card (fax/modem) drain power -- by shorting out or
something? I know I'm really reaching here, but I can't figure it out at
all.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/