Re: [NTLK] Dock via the Internal SER-01 port on the 2100

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 23:44:24 EDT

The serial sockets installed on SER-001 boards lack the shield,
the metal shell which surrounds eMate, MP1x0 and Interconnect serial
port.

It was removed to make the SER-001 board fit the MessagePad case,
but the lack of the shield could be cause of connection instability.

Although i have never experienced the lack of it being cause of no
connection at all,
i can't see any other possible reasons for your problem, at least
hardware-related.

So at this point i wonder if the problem could be related to OS.
In this case, a fast solution would be to hard-reset the Newton,
and then using the default apps and preferences, try again to
estabilish connection.

Regards,

Adriano

http://notwen.com