Re: [NTLK] Rent a coder?

From: Matt Emson <memsom_at_interalpha.co.uk>
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 07:57:09 EDT

> Hi there, I am a programmer, too, and I have spent a little while
> with this. I have not written anything yet, but maybe we can start
> something together. I would like to be able to sync my Newton and my
> Palm.

Okay, I'd be writing this using Delphi, so as long as you're happy with that
programming language then we might be able to get something going. All the
low level stuff would be in a DLL and the OSX version would then
theoretically use a version of that DLL (shlib or whatever OSX call it) with
a Cocoa graphical interface.

I'll probably use Turbo Delphi, so you could grab Turbo Delphi Explorer and
use that. We'll use no third party components, save serial comms ones, so
the Explorer version will be fine as it allows commercial development.

I would not do this as an opensource project, so if you do not want to
charge people, it's probably not in our best interests to collabourate.

Send me a mail off list if you are still interested.

> The Docking protocol is described at kallisys.com in the "Newton
> Bowels" section.

Duly grabbed. Thanks for that ;-)

Matt