Re: [NTLK] Rent a coder?

From: Steve Hammond <hammond.steve_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 13:00:03 EST

> Opps, yes. The Sync Services are part of the OS. You can sync any
> (Sync Services based) application's data with any device simply by
> requesting a class of data (Sync Schema) from the Truth Database. So
> we could write an application that requests phone data, appointments,
> etc from the truth database, but also provide all the other
> maintenance and transfer needs (installing packages via dnd, etc.).
> That way, there would be only a single app managing Newton transfers.

I agree with you that there is no need to be integrated with the
iSync application, as iSync, like you said, is just another
application that uses the sync services. It may not be possible to
integrated this new app to iSync at all, but if the NewtonSync (let's
just name it that way for the moment) application is working well, we
would not need the iSync.app integration.

As for integrating user packages installation from this new apps, I
think that Newten is a good startup point. So maybe the functionality
of it could be included in this new app and extended to new medium
(such as BT, Ethernet, etc.)