Re: [NTLK] comp.binaries.newton shut down

From: Andrew Smallshaw <andrews_at_sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 13:18:56 EST

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 11:23:26PM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2006, at 7:54 PM, Colin Pate wrote:
>
> > Could someone explain to me what this means?
> Nothing really. It means his usenet provider is removing a group
> that is inactive.

It's rather more than that: comp.binaries.newton is disappearing
entirely, not just from a single news server. I've seen similar
posts regarding many other defunct groups over the last few
months - it's just a tidying up excerise.

As for what effect it will have, for all intents and purposes,
none. People don't use newsgroups to distribute software
anymore, which is why the group was selected for removal.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org