Re: [NTLK] [not OT] Alignment problems [was "[OT] Coffee & the Newt" [was "Re: 2010?"]]

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 16:37:50 EDT

On 9/1/06, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> So you're saying I should do the full backup and then do what?

I'm not sure what Sonny was saying, but in your situation, I would do
a full backup, but on restore, check everything but the system
preferences (or system data, I think it's called, or maybe "other
data") And see if that solves your problem. If not, then it is
something else... But I haven't been following your problem well
enough to be sure, but this is what I usually do when something goes
drastically wrong.

Warning, you will lose all sorts of stuff including software licenses, etc.

> You mention the write cycles of these cards. How many cycles do they have
> and what happens when they run out?

I doubt you are near using up those. I wouldn't worry... yet.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland