Re: [NTLK] [not OT] Alignment problems [was "[OT] Coffee & the Newt" [was "Re: 2010?"]]

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 16:44:05 EDT

On 9/1/06, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow! At the risk of displaying the extent of my ignorance, I didn't know
> until now that the Full Backup also backs preferences. Does it also save
> what the HWR has learned?

Actually I'm not sure about this... does anyone know if it does... I
never paid attention to this and never tested it... personally at
least.

This was only IF you were unable to Rotate the screen.
I was mostly curious if you had the same issue with registration on
the digitizer in Landscape mode just like in Portrait mode.

If there were and similarities or differences maybe it would help
determine a possible solution.

> So you're saying I should do the full backup and then do what?

I think you mentioned that you can switch from Portrait to Landscape
and back with no problem - Right?!
If that is the case then I'm a bit stumped as to what other solutions
are available other than the solutions suggested by others...

> You mention the write cycles of these cards. How many cycles do they have
> and what happens when they run out?

Hey this is a question similar to the one about teh chicken and the
egg OR the one about the Charms Blop Pop Lolly Pop where the kid asks
th owl how many licks it takes to ge to the center.

I really don't know. I've never heard the stats on this - I personally
have not gotten any cards that have died.... the cards I have either
have 0, 1 or maybe at most 10 write cycles since they are new...(my
New Flash Cards 4MB)...
But if they do run out the card then is DEAD unfortunately...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung