Re: [NTLK] Changing motherboard (plastic tool)

From: Ulises Gerardo <uice_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 11:12:52 EDT

Well, at the time it took me longer without the tools only because of the cracking, and snapping the case did while doing it. Of course you need a Philips screw driver but I for the guys who are doing it for the first time. I thought I would offer something I discovered that would help in the agony.
-uice

Sonny Hung <sonnyhung@gmail.com> wrote: Let me preface - slight OT digression

On 9/7/06, Ulises Gerardo wrote:
> It took me 5 mins to take the Newton apart with these things.

Let me say that since I've taken so many Newtons apart it only takes
1-2 mins when in a rush to remove my back cover of myMP2100.

Generally I'll casually and carefully disassemble it within 3-5 mins.

I only use my hands and a Philips size '0' screw driver. Though at
times I prefer the Philips size '00' screw driver. I don't use any
other tools to remove the case other than my two hands. It's a tactile
operation for me...

This tool might have assisted in my dis assembly of the 20" Cinema
Display but I made due with what I had as some would call it a
MACGYVEResque scene...

For that price I personally would spend it on a broken Newton so I
could fix it...
but that's me... (wait a minute, that's actually two USD more than I
paid for my Newton Compatible broken Nikon CoolPix 950 which took me
30 mins to fix on my first go... and I digress)

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung