Re: [NTLK] [OT] Changing ibook HD

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 09:21:49 EDT

On 07/09/2006, at 9:08 PM, Alex Santos wrote:
> Marty,
>
> Thanks so much for your words of advice! I do appreciate it greatly.
>
> Up to now I have opened up my 2100, the most complicated machine I
> have opened to date in terms of time and patience. I have opened up
> my eMac. I have never opened up an iBook but there is a good site out
> there that goes step by step. I will try to do it on my own as Apple
> Poland charges an unacceptable amount of money to do the operation.
>
> I will take your comments as a sincere word of caution.
>
> Much appreciated

I've opened my clamshell iBook G3 366, and my sister's dual usb G3 500
ibook. The latter was very, very "interesting", I suppose you could
say. Around five times the complexity of the MP2100. Very fiddly work.
Be prepared to yell at people if they bump any of the screws you have
intricately placed around the table. :-P

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard