Re: [NTLK] PICT2 format

From: Don Zahniser <irntooth_at_eznet.net>
Date: Sun Sep 10 2006 - 19:55:10 EDT

On Sep 10, 2006, at 5:36 PM, maynard@jmg.com wrote:

> I'm working on a Newton Book using BookMaker, because I want to embed
> images (primarily graphs and maps) within the book and not just the
> front
> page. However, I've run into a problem: I can't find a tool to
> manipulate
> pict files with. GIMP doesn't appear to support pict2 (or pict). Does
> anyone know of a free Mac tool that will allow me to scale and reduce
> 16 grayscale any arbitrary image?

Try taking a look at ToyViewer:

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ogihara/software/OSX/index.html

It doesn't appear to export to PICT, but I have done copy and paste
from ToyViewer into Newton Press.

You might also take a look at Goldberg:

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/opus/freeware/g2/osx.html

Goldberg can save as PICT, but the available image manipulation options
are fewer than those available in ToyViewer. I think you can get an
image more suitable for Newton Book format from the latter.

  - Don

--
Don V. Zahniser