Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection Tools for Windows

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 09:12:31 EDT

At 03:24 10.09.2006, you wrote:
>Dear friends at NewtonTalk:
>
>I'm pleased to announce the beta release of the Newton Connection Tools for Windows, a remake of the old NCU with many improvements.

Brilliant work. That is something I've been waiting for since I got my first 2100
two and a half years ago. Others will have already said so, but I think ethernet
support will be crucial (I understand it's a prerequisite for WiFi-connectivity too).
There's one other thing I'd very much like to see happen. I'm using my 2100s
very intensely for audio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/91374328/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/185553935/

As you sure know, downloading/installing MP3 files on them is not an easy task.
Batch downloading is even harder, because files larger than 900 K won't
be transferred as batches (at least I've never been able to do that). Those
can be only installed one file at a time. I suspect NCU is responsible for
dropping contact under these circumstances, because it thinks the 2100
has crashed or something. If you could make batch downloads / batch installing
of files larger than 900 K possible, that would be a real boon. Of course, a plugin
like this one

http://www.pixell.net/newton/

would even be better, but hey, I dont want to ask too much ;-)

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/