Re: [NTLK] Geeksafe revisited

From: Andrew Smallshaw <andrews_at_sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 17:40:59 EDT

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 09:11:54PM -0700, John Charlton wrote:
> I've been looking into updating Geeksafe with a few things, including
> blowfish encryption (which I managed to get working much to my surprise!).
>
> Don't expect anything soon (like this year?) because of work and other
> things, but it is one of the principal uses I put my newt to, so I'd like
> to see it updated.
>
> Anyone else use this? Anyone with feature requests?

Since no one has come forward with any ideas, I'll simply point
out what my initial impressions were when reading this message.

It doesn't need anything. It's a great program doing a single job
well. Adding features would likely serve only to overcomplicate
what should at least appear to be a very simple program. Of course,
for a program such as this the integrity of the stored data is of
paramount importance which leads me to suggest that if it ain't
broke, don't fix it.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org