Re: [NTLK] Geeksafe revisited

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 19:33:04 EDT

On 4/3/2007 5:40 PM, Andrew Smallshaw wrote:

>> Anyone else use this? Anyone with feature requests?
>
> Since no one has come forward with any ideas, I'll simply point
> out what my initial impressions were when reading this message.
>
> It doesn't need anything. It's a great program doing a single job
> well. Adding features would likely serve only to overcomplicate
> what should at least appear to be a very simple program. Of course,
> for a program such as this the integrity of the stored data is of
> paramount importance which leads me to suggest that if it ain't
> broke, don't fix it.

Actually there were several ideas. And anyone could use the current
version. If you don't like any upgrades, one is free to not use them.
That is one nice thing about such apps you can choose to use older
versions if you have a problem with the newer versions.

The only real problem with Geeksafe is that there are ways for someone
to get in and steal anything they want if they got your Newton even if
the password features were enabled. Granted the average the thief is
not going to know how, but still why take the chance if the program can
be upgraded to eliminate this?

-Dan