Re: [NTLK] Geeksafe revisited

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 19:46:13 EDT

Well as for importing, it can. There is a version of Geeksafe that uses
the code from drag and drop names. You format the Notes with the proper
lines (server, username, password, notes) and drop it on Geeksafe where
a new entry is created. It has been a while but I believe it was a
seperate extension. I know I have it and will look it up if you wish.
Just send me a note off list.

Yes PassGen is great and I use it all the time as well. I agree it
would be nice if it was built into Geeksafe but I also agree it is not
that necessary since PassGen fills the need nicely (just generate a new
password and drag it from PassGen to Geeksafe droping it on the Password
line.

As for linking, I think the easiest method to get this done would be
adding a hyperlink to Hypernewt so we can link anything inside Geeksafe
to anything else that Hypernewt can link to. This would be fairly
simple for a programmer as there is a API released for this.

And yes you are right not that many people know how to access a Newt,
but still I would like to have encryption. Then I KNOW that even if
someone did manage to steal my Newt, they wouldn't have access to my
Pasword database.

-Dan