[NTLK] Q and A Re: (Practically) Free newt-compatible ethernet card

From: Tom Zahm <tpzahm_at_newted.org>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 14:15:13 EDT

There have been some questions about my offer. Here they are, together
with answers

Q: How much is the contribution?
A: That's entirely up to you. I'm just trying to encourage donations.

Q: How much is shipping?
A: Nothing. It's just part of my contribution.

Q: I live outside the US. How much for shipping for me?
A: So far, overseas costs haven't been so large that I can't handle
them, so they're free too.

Q: I'm having trouble donating to NewtonTalk. How can I send them
money?
A: NewtonTalk is now being run by Grant Hutchinson, the same guy who
has run the Newted Community for a number of years. I'm pretty sure
that you can use link at www.newted.org and just include a note that
it's really for NewtonTalk. (It's all coming out of Grant's pocket).

Q: Can I donate to Unna?
A: Sure. I didn't include them since they're looking for someone to
host/run the site and things seem to be in flux. In fact, you can make
a donation to *any* Newton-related site or organization that provides a
service to the greater community.

Q: Where do I have to send it [my donation]?
A: That depends on who you choose. If you can do PayPal, there's a
link at www.newted.org. I've been informed that the corresponding link
at NewtonTalk is dead. It's also been reported that the PayPal
donation button at Unna is still good. Depending on who you're making
a dontation to, I suppose there are mail and local drop-off options,
too. If the donation is big enough, maybe I'll even come and pick it
up from you!

Q: What's your angle in all this?
A: I'm just a Newton user that has a bunch of old-but-working ethernet
cards and has chosen to donate them to a good cause. (They needed a
new, good home anyway.)

Yours in Newtondom,
Tom Zahm
tpzahm AT newted DOT org

If all cars in the U.S. were placed end to end, some fool would try to
pass them.