Re: [NTLK] I am looking for additional storage

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 18:21:00 EDT

On Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 1:33 pm Gary Dunn wrote:

> I am looking for additional storage
> and have a few questions

Right now, there are 24MB linear flash cards for $10 with free shipping on ebay. You should get a couple.

> Is there a favorite ATA driver?

Yes... only one favorite

> Can I use a Toshiba 2 GB PCMCIA

2GB might be overkill.

> card with, say, the Kallisys ATA
> driver?

Don't see why not.

> Does it appear the same
> as a linear flash card?

From what I understand, it creates multiple partitions which can then be mounted. It's a little slower than a linear flash card.

> I see a lot of PCMCIA to Compact
> Flash adaptors on eBay. Do these
> work?

Yes

>All / some / a few?

I have a couple of them and they work fine. Even used them with CFII and SD adapters.

Now, if only I could save up $100 to buy a license.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM