Re: [NTLK] partitioning cards (ATA / Flash)

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 11:02:09 EDT

On 4/30/2007 3:36 AM, giorgio razzano wrote:
> Hi list!
> I have a 128MB ATA card which I use with Paul's driver. After using this card for a while I decided (due to slow performance) to partitioning it.
> Now, after a couple of days using only a 32 MB (the other 3 aren't mounted) I haven't seen any improvement in the performances.
> In my knowledge there are some solutions (smaller partitions, mount only the partition I need, freeze the soups I don't need ...)
> What do you suggest to solve this issue?
> Thanks
> Giorgio

Well I have not used the ATA driver as of yet so this is information is
only by proxy. But if I recall correctly it is a little slower in
general. However I think you might consider keeping your partitions
down to 8mb. This might help the issue. I have known larger linear
cards to be slower (especially if fragmented).

-Dan