Re: [NTLK] Installing Newton Toolkit on the Mac

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 17:13:25 EDT

Generally, these messages mean you are installing
"extensions" ("drivers" in Windows).
The Finder (file browser) will put them were they need to go as long
as you drag-&-drop them onto the folder icon labeled "System." If you
try to put them into the System folder directly ("opened"), Finder
will not place them automagically (meaning, most likely, they will
not go into the Extensions and other appropriate sub-folders as
necessary). Finder assumes you want it to do the work for you if you
drop onto the icon, but assumes you know >exactly< what you're doing
if you try to do anything yourself...