Re: [NTLK] MP2.1K failure (before I take it apart)

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Aug 04 2007 - 22:56:05 EDT

I have seen the touch screen ribbon on a 2x00 severed through when
the port cover was broken due to a drop or whatever. The ribbon
passes around the edge of the logic board on the hinge side of the
port cover.
If this does not seem to fit then I would suspect that the contacts
are dirty.

Compared to the eMate display ribbon this one is relatively easy to
repair, In my case I soldered fine wire across the brake and
reinforced it with electrical tape. The biggest challenge was
keeping it flexible and thin so it could wrap around the case. It
has worked for a couple of years.

Good luck

Woody