[NTLK] Ethernet never first time, always second time

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon Aug 06 2007 - 16:06:51 EDT

Hi there

Yippee. My Newt is successfully connecting to our broadband modem using
a 3Com card and ethernet cable.
This is a very pleasant development for me, whilst I try to sort out my
wireless connection.

There is one minor irritation.

My first connection of the day, always fails with the folloiwng message,
"Problem connecting. DHCP server unavailable or unable to configure this
device." However when I immediately tap to connect a second time,
altering nothing, it gets through every time.

Any suggetions on how to make this happen first attempt. I'd like to be
able to set up the schedule prefs to download my emails at a given time.

I've currently using Eudora Pro as an email client, which I actually
like.

Thanks
Andy