[NTLK] Help with Newt to bluetooth to phone to dialup

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 19:25:45 EDT

Hi there
I've got bluetooth up and running well, using a PICO card and all the
drivers.
I would like to connect the Newt to my dialup internet account using
bluetooth via a Sony Ericsson W300i.
The phone and the Newt are paired etc and will transfer contacts and txt
notes quite happily.

Having read the archives, I have set up the following internet set up:

Generic set up
Connect using: Serial
Protocol: ppp
Configuration: Server
User ID and password
Primary and secondary DNS
No domain name

And the following login script:

Send ATDT*99#
Send (end of line)
Wait for CONNECT
Done

It will come as no suprise to someone who knows what they are doing that
this gets me nowhere. The phone doesn't respond in any way. Can anyone
advise me what to do next.

In the archives, it is suggested that for dial up I replace *99# with my
dial up number which is 08440544020.

However this also gets me nowhere?

Can anyone point me in the right direction. It would be so cool to have
the Newt linked up like this.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy