Re: [NTLK] OT Are we stupid?

From: Oliver Brose <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat Aug 11 2007 - 09:15:05 EDT

>From: matthiasm <mm@matthiasm.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] OT Are we stupid?
>Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:57:57 +0200

>As for your ethernet connection via Newton: the machine was simply
>not built with ethernet in mind (or as a first priority). We can be
>very happy that there is a working solution at all. Because last time
>I tried to get my Palm Pilot on the Ethernet, there was no such
>solution (Wifi of course works well enough).

Ah well, the issue is that the working solution is not actually
working. At least not for him. Or for me. I, too, spent many hours on
the same issue. I may not have much idea about networks in general,
but I know that once I get the Newt to see the Mac, it should be able
to connect to Escale. Yet that simply does not happen. At some point
you get the nutty giggle. It is like staring at a cake under a locked
glass cover.

Oliver