Re: [NTLK] OT Are we stupid?

From: dotline7 <dotline7_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 16:18:29 EDT

I would like to say, to start with, I donıt to criticize any OS or any
developers. I am more interested in future of Mac. Of course I have to give
some examples of issues which makes me crazy.

What I really want is AN ³AUTOMATIC² COMPUTER with simple interface, OS
with simplicity of system 7.6.1 (with some reservations) and power of OS X,
computer which could configure and take care of itself. Can we do it? The
³normal² computer user should use computer without knowing whatıs inside,
how it works. A computer without updates, backups, all maintenance. Without
programming mistakes which costs me my mail (mail files are permanently
deleted when user deletes account in accounts configuration window).

The reason for low quality of OSs (software) is lack of legislation which
could protect software users the same way it protects us when we buy other
consumer goods, I was told. Correct me if I am wrong.

1983, my professor told us: the computer will learn people think rationally,
behave rationally. As we see after 25 years it is not done in global scale.
I experience difficulty to keep in touch with friends by e-mail. An e-mail
or other modern ways of communication like Skype, Ichat... makes me think
these ways of communications should work. What I experience is necessity of
emotional of face-to-face contact. Are we not to much emotional? Being
emotional, we can be easily manipulated. Perhaps I am wrong.
John