Re: [NTLK] MP / Palm TX

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 10:19:10 EDT

I started with the loose leaf Franklin Planner, even went to the seminars
and everything. I played with an electronic Royal organizer. It was cute but
not sturdy enough for everyday use I broke three in 6 months. Then a friend
bought me a used MP 120. I was in heaven. Out goes the Franklin and
everything else. That was fine till there was some Newton software I really
wanted to run that was 2.1 only. So I got a MP 2000 upgraded. I love it. I
loaned my MP 120 to my son and unfortunately the screen got shattered. But I
still have my MP 2000U. Work gave me a Zire. It is cute, fits in a shirt
pocket but it just isn't in the same league as a Newton. At work we develop
a software add on to our main product that uses Pocket PC. So we have a
number of them laying around I tinkered with one for a couple of days but
the power situation and screen size prevented me from putting away my
Newton. Right now I am supplementing my Newton with a Nintendo DS. I have it
rigged to run Homebrew software and I have a WiFi sniffer in it and I am
looking for a decent browser. They are fast but text only (think Courier on
steroids). I can also run videos, still pics and MP3's from the DS. I like
simple mail for Email. So for now, I'll use the DS to carry my high tech
media and sniff out hotspots and use my Newton to check my Email and carry
my E-text books. Not too much hardware.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)