[NTLK] Back in the Newton Fold

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 12:25:34 EDT

Welcome back to the fold!

I use my Newts minimally these days -- mostly for entertainment purposes, and to serve as the "IT Guy" for my girlfriend and her grand-daughter (both of whom are maniacs with any kind of gaming device).

I've recently discovered a great, though poorly documented Russian game, "Lines", and I'm having fun with that. I also like to read eBooks on my MP2100. Sadly, despite all of my begging, nobody has yet developed a means to "offload" internet news content from a desktop computer to the Newton (as with www.avantgo.com). Until that happens, I have to use my other PDAs.

For daily use, I use a Toshiba e800 Pocket PC. IMHO, the (pre-telephone integration) Pocket PC format is far more intuitive and easier to use than the Palm OS. I am finding, however, that the e800 is "more machine" than I really need. For one thing, it is twice as thick and heavy as my older Toshiba e310 Pocket PC. BTW, the e310 is great, because its cheap to buy now, and it holds tons of data with a SD card. Any of these PDAs will?function well as a makeshift MP3 player.

Best regards,

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan USA