[NTLK] Battery indicator

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 11:07:23 EST

> Just now I am charging the MP and the battery indicator
> label reads "Waiting." What is it waiting for?

It is waiting for conditions that it considers necessary
for charging the battery safely or at all. In almost any
case this means it is waiting for the battery to reach
a voltage that is not way beyond its discharge voltage.
In this case it is not merely waiting, but also trying
to get the battery to reach this voltage by charging it
with short pulses. If it doesn't succeed within a certain
time, it reports that the battery is unable to maintain
a charge and should be replaced.

The Newton will also report it's waiting if the battery
temperature is too high for charging it safely.

Frank