Re: [NTLK] Chicago area eMate hinge fixer?

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 11:43:01 EST

Frank Gruendel wrote:
>> Check the archives. Just recently someone discovered
>> new hinges for sale somewhere in Asia for pretty good
>> prices.
>
> Be aware that simply using a new set of hinges would

the grease is old and it's the grease while initiates some of the
problem by increasing the friction which encourages the hinge to 'slip'.
at least that's my take on it.

> If you are in the US and do not dare to tackle this
> yourself, I'd recommend taking Woody up on his offer.
> He has done this very often and knows well how to
> do it.

having sat with Woody as he lead 4-5 of us one night through this
process I can second the recommendation. he definitely knows what's what
with the emate!

william

ps Woody we should actually get together again this summer. I'll
volunteer my place this time and we can make a bit of a picnic out of
it. Anyone in the west central Wisconsin area up to it?? I'm about 1
hour east of Minneapolis (45 minutes if the traffic cooperates) zipcode
54022. Just let me know and I'll begin the planning, we could do
something on the grill???

Oh and Frank your welcome to come too, but you'll have to bring the beer ;-)