Re: [NTLK] Chicago area eMate hinge fixer?

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 11:07:23 EST

> Check the archives. Just recently someone discovered
> new hinges for sale somewhere in Asia for pretty good
> prices.

Be aware that simply using a new set of hinges would
not be a reliable solution. "New" in this context means
"assembled in 1997 or earlier and not used since". The
lubrication will leave something to be desired, and it
must be replaced. I once had an eMate on my workbench
whose owner had stored it in its original shrinkwrap
for almost 8 years. When he unpacked it and started using
it, it took less than a month until his display ribbon
cable was history.

If you are in the US and do not dare to tackle this
yourself, I'd recommend taking Woody up on his offer.
He has done this very often and knows well how to
do it.

If you are in Europe, I could help you, too.

Frank