Re: [NTLK] newton and gmail or gmail lite

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_Newted.ORG>
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 15:46:00 EST

On Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 5:50 pm matthew spencer wrote:

> has anyone had experience with gmail
> mobile or gmail lite on a newton 2100?
> i have both yahoo and gmail

As mentioned, it will be "NO GO" on the gmail. You should concentrate on
using Yahoo for mail access via your Newton. I'm actually quite pleased
with my AT&T (formerly SBC) DSL. Here are some finer points:

1) PPP Dial up included for free
2) Authenticated SMTP access from within (Home) or from outside (Public
Wifi) the Yahoo network
3) Yahoo Mail can check any number of external POP accounts, even through
Web Mail
4) *NEW* Web Mail access without SSL

As you can see, very compatible with your Newton. There are, of course,
many other features and benefits. However, Newton compatibility is very
important to me :-)

What I would like to see is somebody program an API to allow pushing of
data from my Newton to MyYahoo calendar, address book and notepad. I
believe it could be done through a combination of Newt's Cape scripts and
some basic HTML.

I say pushing data because I don't think I care about syncing. My Newton is
the master and what goes in there, stays there and becomes fact. (severely
vague metaphor, sorry)

Ron

(I also wish Mail V was more reliable when sending long messages)

--
Sent using GoFetch and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
      |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
Fetch...Send...Stay... "Good Boy!"