Re: [NTLK] Avi's Backdrop - Icons, Heap

From: R A Parker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 16:59:01 EST

On Friday, February 16, 2007 at 12:40 pm Gary Dunn wrote:

> Whoever it was who recommended Avi's
> Backdrop, thank you! What a great
> program.

Yep... Always the first installed. You're welcome! :->

> Is there a way to put Icons on
> the backdrop?,

There are "Launcher" enhancements ranging from Button additions (for the button bar in Avi's Backdrop) to full blown Dashboard replacements. I went the launch menu route. i++ is another great enhancement, especially if you are an old Mac user fond of the Apple Menu. Most apps can be launched in as few as two taps from anywhere there is an "i" menu. .

> Is it normal for the heap value
> to keep getting smaller? When I
> click the info button and select
> Memory Info the value resets nice
> and big, over 400k. Then it starts
> ticking down. Garbage collection,
> perhaps?

Normal. Yes. Garbage collection. Tapping the memory meter in Avi's Backdrop does the same thing...cleans the heap.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM